Saturday, August 16, 2008

Greetings

Hello family, friends and blog visitors! On August 26, I will depart on a nine month journey to Asia and I have created this blog to keep all who are interested up-to-date on my travels.

Specifically I am traveling to China, Japan, India, Mongolia, Cambodia and Vietnam with a short stay in South Korea. The program is called The Pacific Rim Program, Pac Rim for short, and it is a unique program created by the amazing Asian Studies department at the University of Puget Sound.

I appreciate all of your support while I am traveling and with a trip of this magnitude I'm sure I will need mementos from America to keep me going. So please comment, post, communicate with me however you please!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

test comment from Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel, Dad and I are very excited about following your journeys through PacRim. Love, Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel, Andrew, Kelly and I will keep track of you on your adventure! Love, Aunt Deb

Unknown said...

hi rachael.
who knew you were going in the first place? well now that i do it will be fun to track your adventures.
be safe, love `ya, uncle daniel

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel,

Jose and I are enjoying every post so keep 'em coming. Kaitlin is amazed by your packing job (we of the 'not light packing family'), and in case you have not heard, Josh leaves tomorrow for a 5 month assignment in Dubai....so if your trip guide looses a map and you end up in the Middle East, I know he'd love to see you. Enjoy every moment of your great adventure.

Hugs from Meg & Jose